Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The last of it is almost gone....

I am really having a hard time coping with this right now. Paschen moved more of her stuff last night, and the last of it is almost gone. It is the weirdest thing. I just don't understand how there can be so much animosity yet also be so much love. We will always be friends, of that I am sure, but I have to find myself. I didn't even know that I was so lost. This has been good in so many ways though. I have had more control over my finances..okay, I have always been in control of them, but I am finally controlling them in the right ways. I have been so busy with work, and darts though that I haven't had any real alone/me time at the house, so the true test is coming. I am hoping to get in the scrap room tonight and get some of my work done, but we will see.

Here is a great recipe for you if you are a fan of Chipotle's burrito bowls....

*Purdue Southwestern chicken strips
*1 Green Pepper
*1 Red Pepper
*1/2 tsp Garlic salt
*coating of vegetable oil for the pan
*1 cup rice (per two people)
*Toppings (Sour Cream, Cheese, Salsa)

start by cutting the peppers in slices, and popping them into the pan with the veggie oil and the garlic salt. Cook them up for about 3 minutes and then toss in the Chicken strips. Mix it all together and cover for about 5 minutes (7 minutes will start to make your chicken a little crunchy!). I use instant rice, so once I have covered the chicken, I pop my rice (with 1 cup water of course) into the microwave. This is my timer for the chicken too. then, when rice is done, serve it up in some bowls, and put the chicken/pepper mixture on top. I then top with some shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa, and it is the perfect fajita bowl.

I made this on Sunday for the LWORD dinner and it was a big hit! I don't think I have ever seen my sister eat anything that quickly!!

Oh, and the best part about today....After two weeks of craziness, Mercury is no longer in Retrograde!!! I am actually seeing the difference. Some good, and some bad, but thank goodness that is over because retrograde got me good this time around!

okay...that is it for now...hoping to share some creativity soon!!!

xoxo
K

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Korbyn,
enjoy the silence and reflect on YOU!
Hugs, Jennie

Lori said...

Hang in there Korbyn!!! Take some time for you!!

Much LUB,
Lori